The Pilates Method, founded by Joseph H. and Clara Pilates in the 1940s, is based on a unique and proven philosophy of fitness that incorporates a specific, and highly refined approach to teaching movement that enhances the health and vitality of the participant.
The method’s principal goal is to uniformly strengthen the entire body. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured and better able to move efficiently.
Pilates is a safe, body-friendly exercise method that allows for various modifications to accommodate any type of condition. Quality of movement is emphasized over quantity to leave you energized and balanced after a session, not exhausted and sore.
- Body and postural awareness
- Proper alignment and stability
- Awareness and proper use of the diaphragm and the breath
- Personalized work geared towards individual needs and fitness levels
- The uniform development of muscles
- The development of a strong and flexible core
We offer a wide variety of classes to meet the fitness and rehabilitative needs of each of our clients, including mat, reformer, wall unit, spring board, Young at Heart for seniors, and Special Conditions.
"In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a whole new body."