BALANCED BODY: PILATES
Balanced Body®’s teacher training program is a comprehensive course of study covering exercises on the Mat, Universal Reformer, Trapeze Table, Wunda Chair, Ped-O-Pul, Spine Corrector and High Barrel. The curriculum provides knowledge of the following as related to each exercise: Purpose, Muscular Focus, Safety and Positioning of Client and Instructor, Sequence, Movement Efficiency, Use of the Breath, Body Alignment and Variations and Modifications. Balanced Body® faculty at Core Conditioning include master trainers Roger Gonzalez-Hibner, Gabrielle Shrier, MPT, Allyson Cabot, PT, and Tiza Wynn.
LEARN EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO TEACH OTHERS
The complete course is in accordance with the guidelines established by the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) and incorporates applied anatomy, kinesiology, functional body mechanics, client assessment techniques and the teachings of Joseph and Clara Pilates. Specific course objectives include:
- Developing an understanding of the fundamentals and principles of the Pilates method.
- The ability to instruct a Mat class.
- Understanding how to safely prepare equipment and instruct clients of varying levels of fitness in a Pilates-based workout.
- Performing a postural assessment and making appropriate exercise selections to enhance a client’s fitness experience.
- An understanding of indications and contraindications for specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances.
A certificate of completion is awarded to those who complete the 450 hours of lectures, apprenticeship and pass the final written and practical exams.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR THE PILATES PROFESSIONAL
In addition to a comprehensive training program, we offer a variety of workshops for the Pilates professional, health care professional and fitness enthusiast. APTA credits are available through our teacher training programs.